Friday 26 June 2015

The English Channel innocent or a pawn in the game????????

So like lots of folk I am sitting watching all the people trying to get into the UK whether via ferry and or any which way they can. Then I hear lots of yapping about in or out of the EU. And then I start to wonder and ask questions and I try to be objective.

A few questions come to mind.
1. If the people trying to get on ferries etc in France (other ports and countries are available) are there illegally and have made it from Italy or wherever without claiming asylum.
a) why dont the French (other ports and countries are available) arrest them instead of just taking them down the road and letting them go so they can try again. Cynically could they not get asylum in Italy France or any other EU country and get freedom of movement anyway. Or is that too simplistic.
b) have they heard how bad its going to be here when DC and his friends make even more cuts.

2. How would leaving the EU make this situation any better for us. How are UKIP and other non EUers going to stop illegal immigrants from getting in. What leverage would we have over other country's in the EU when we are not in it to stop them. What incentive would there be for EU not to just turn a blind eye to people wanting to get into UK. What sort of border force would we have and what would we do with anyone found trying to get in.

I know me expressing my thoughts might provoke some folk to accuse me of this and that but am I the only one thinking these thoughts. Or the only one daring to voice them. What is certain to my mind is that both issues are big and need to well explored and explained, how on earth is Joe/Jean public to gain any real understanding of these issues when most seem to be angled one way or another depending on the bias of the media concerned.









No comments:

Post a Comment