Tuesday 2 June 2015

funny bit of weather and counting blessings

So today we've all had a bit of wind today.

 Bit strong for this time of year and I couldn't help it, twenty years of managing parks I was looking round all the time for problems given the trees are all in full leaf now despite  not being involved in park management for the last five years.

Strong winds are always bad enough in the winter but in the summer and gusty blasts like we've had today are a recipe for problems. So my thoughts are with all park managers in the country today I hope its not been too bad, you havnt got too much damage to clear up and no one has been hurt if you stayed open.

And then I count my blessings, it is now over five years since I left Milton Country Park the park I spent many years developing and managing, at the time in 2010 I didn't think I could work anywhere else. But I have proved I can and for myself. Do I miss it, parts of it yes, but I am glad I dont have to worry about strong winds and irresponsible people anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment