Friday 8 August 2014

Do you remember the Ribena berries advert

You know the one where there's the load in a trailer and one escapes.

Well they are as usual growing fields of Beetroot in the nearby fen for your salads. I was driving through there a week or so ago and noticed a few laying here and there that had thrown themselves out of the trailers, Ribena berry like, and were laid stunned unable to move for a while beside the road. (What is he on !)

Just thinking should I stop and offer assistance (Eh!) by taking them home washing them and keeping them warm, a shocking sight meets my eyes. (Oh that sort of assistance)

Beside the road there is a large frontloader in a wheat field scooping up what looked like half a load that had made a break for it all at once. I did think about stopping and taking a picture but thankfully common sense kicked in, a sure way to get the camera inserted into ones body I suspect.

Went past the spot yesterday and not a sign they were ever there, is there a beetroot heaven I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment