Sunday 5 December 2010

One of them weeks


Well its been one of them weeks is about all you can say really I suppose, here in Cambridgeshire we have got off lighly as usual. Its been lovely to look at but I have not managed to earn much because of the cold and snow and frozen ground. Still did manage to catch up on a few bits and pieces so cant have been all bad.

Also got in a planned trip to Sutton Hoo near Woodbridge, which is where both of the pictures were taken yesterday, the 4th, the first of Tranmer House and the second of Mound 1. It was about lunchtime when they were taken and it was a tad dull as you can see but I couldnt resist them.

The thaw temporary as it might be had set in the precious night so the roads were not bad. Went down for a study day on the Anglo Saxons not my first and quite possibly not my last, very interesting period of English history.


Anyway the place looked lovely and brought back memories of when I was studying full time at Otley College and then working in Ipswich for the Borough Council more years ago than I care to remember. They were some good times though in Suffolk and I still keep in touch with some of the folks I met and worked with then.

Like my old boss Michael and Barry one of the arborists as well as a few of my old classmates like Simon and Andrew and Kevin, aahh happy days, beer and chips on the seafront at Southwold or a bit of bird watching along the coast trying not to freeze to death in the cold or fry in the heat. I can remember a Hen Harrier at Shingle Street one freezing sunday afternoon in oohh it must have been the winter of 88/89.

Anyway enough rambling I should get on theres a special coming up fast I am told cant think what!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment