Friday 24 December 2010

If I dont who will

Had a letter through yesterday, after eight months of study I have been awarded a qualification from Birmingham University, closest I will ever get to a university edumacation.



Part time study and I managed to get about half the funding paid from a european fund for those of us more mature folk about to be made redundant, that was back in March. Paid the rest from my redundancy. It was enjoyable to do and hopefully will help me get some work.

I ended up in some lovely places all Field Studies Council like Flatford Mill above and seeing some nice wildlife like Birds Nest Orchid below while at Kindrogan in Scotland.



That letter got me thinking. Been one heck of a year for me redundant from a place I loved and still do so its a shame to hear some of the stories I hear about it now. But thats someone elses problem now.

I have moved on, might not be much to some folk but after years of being employed by others I have gone self employed and built up a gardening round, I have got some paid storytelling work and I have done some ecological work. Still managing to fit in some voluntary work as well. If I have to go back to be employed at some stage in the future well so be it I am going to give this lot a go for now.

I might not be earning much but I am happier in myself and that means a lot. Yes its been slow these last few weeks but I have heard about some odd days work here and there I might go for next year. So the only way is up now as far as I can see, light at the end of tunnels comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment