Saturday 3 September 2011

Variety is...............

Well that's what they say isn't it eh, and I have to tell you its true, you cant beat it it adds to the richness of life.

Take last weekend the public holiday weekend, what we used to call bank holidays, why we did that I don't know but anyway.

Saturday saw me in Ipswich a town I worked in many years ago telling some stories at Pooka's Pageant, something I was invited to after winning Suffolk Skald a week earlier, it was good to see Ipswich again, its not a bad place and I have some good memories of people and places. The pageant was interesting and my stories went well.

Then Sunday and Monday I was helping out on the Cambridgeshire Bird Club stand at the Fenland Country Fair. This year a few of the local conservation groups, some who have been there before and some who have not, got together and ran a conservation marquee. With the full support of the organisers by the way who would like to see it happen again next year. There were a lot of folk who popped in for a look and a chat so it was well worthwhile.

Then back to the gardening just to complete the picture, aside from lawns and cutting back I have been planting out what feels like hundreds of Wallflowers and Violas in some of my gardens to provide some colour later this autumn then over winter and into spring, small plug plants delivered in trays from Jersey and all in good condition.

So as i said variety is the spice of life isn't it eh......


No comments:

Post a Comment