Friday 26 November 2010

Delphinium

And there it stands in all this cold and frosty weather, a lovely blue Delphinium, it flowered earlier this year and has come again in the mild weather we have had this autumn, bit of a shock for it now I suspect but I cant talk Delphinium so cant ask it how it feels. Not the only thing still out though is it, anenome's, quite a few rose's too.

Been a fair week gardening, I have finished of a few oneoff bigger jobs as well as seeing some of my regulars. And still the gardening work goes on, odd jobs mainly now though and tidying up but work none the less, new gardens still coming forward too.

Looking back a few months and seeing how I have got on I am happy. The variety is good, gardens, stories and helping out an ecologist.

Talking of stories, finally getting a show sorted for early December, yes I know its a bit late but its not looking too bad so far, two of us both members of Cambridge Storytellers are going to entertain for an evening, whats planned is a mixture of story and song. Should scare and entertain I reckon.

Still digesting last weekends conifer course, my last module of the university certificate course I signed upto in April, it has been very interesting but hard in places, I am going to miss it all the modules have been good but the plant ones especially so. The module assessments were done at and coming back from Bedgebury Arboretum, where there are some spectacular trees. Especially Tsuga heterophylla and Cryptomeria japonica "Elegans", and the Cedrus and the Pseudotsuga. A brilliant place.

No comments:

Post a Comment