Monday 25 April 2016

Smell vinegar in Bristol? That will be the weed killer

The BT website is running a story about Bristol today using vinegar as part of a trial to control weeds, rather than using Glyphosate.

Very commendable I would say, I use it where I can, the only other options for weeds are pulling or chopping which are not always successful on paved areas.

I use half a litre of value white vinegar at the strength it is sold in this country with a dash of washing up liquid in a hand trigger sprayer or in a bigger sprayer I up the washing up liquid. The washing up liquid helps the vinegar stick to plant leaves. Best to use it on a dry day when there is going to be some sunlight or heat afterwards in my experience.

Dont be tempted by stronger vinegar the acid level could burn you if you get it on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment