Sunday 11 August 2013

a walk in the woods ish sort of

A lovely day yesterday in Suffolk, not too hot not too bright and some lovely views and memories to savour then and keep for the future.

A walk in the woods bordering part of the Deben estuary produced weird creatures from our distant mythological past that I was lucky to escape from.



 Back in the real world the tide was in and the waterbirds were resting and preening on small islands and spits, little egrets and godwits amongst them, really nice to see. Then I see and hear magpies and looking for them spot two brown lumps at the bottom of a field bordering the saltmarsh, I had my suspicions and they were confirmed two Muntjac browsing among the vegetation, with four magpies jumping onto there backs and cackling to each other before getting fed up of there game and moving on.






A different view of the Deben for me but nice none the less, the tidemill at Woodbridge still obvious.




No comments:

Post a Comment