Sunday 19 May 2013

what do you think of when you see a robin and old mates

Common as muck some folk think, nothing to make a fuss of but to others, well.

Someone I know an old work colleague I wont name once told me just a few years ago that whenever one was seen close by wherever they were, they always thought it was granddad come to check up on them to see they were okay.

A nice thought connecting seeing a bird with a lost and missed loved one.

Well blow me down if I don't go to a new garden to work for the first time a couple of weeks ago and speaking to the owner an elderly lady she says; I see the robin followed you about, that's my ex husband who keeps an eye on me.

Speaking of old colleagues, last weekend saw a meeting of old comrades from Milton at a local woodworkers event. Myself, Keely and Steve.

Keely has the pictures to prove it, I just have this one, quite apt really as we were all part of the furniture for a while but none of us quite as handsome as these chairs, well I'm not anyway! Great to catch up with them especially Steve who I have known through work for twenty odd years. A great bloke and a very good ranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment