Wednesday 27 March 2013

taint that bad is it

Not too much work for this this last week, too cold as far as I am concerned to go cutting lawns or cutting back plants. Don't want to upset my clients in the long term.

But there are blessings, if I am not earning I perhaps don't buy as much food certainly dont pay as much tax, for some livestock farmers they are losing there livelihoods with the loss of hundreds and hundreds of sheep and other animals

Mind perhaps it pays not to worry too much about the weather, spoke to my Mum Monday morning who couldn't believe what the grounds maintenance contractors were up to outside the bungalows where she lives. What were they doing, cutting the grass with snow laying on it. Must have looked very colourful and you can bet its a case of the contract says but!

Did get an ecology job in Norfolk last Friday, it was planned for Saturday but it got done Friday thankfully before the snow fell. Meant I drove up the A11 and could see the route of the new road as it runs from Barton Mills to Thetford. For much of its length its following the existing route only going away from it to go round Elvedon rather than through it as it does now.

As I drove I couldn't help thinking about my Dad and what he would have said about it, he worked a lot that way laying gas mains many years ago. I know there were concerns about Stone Curlew nesting areas being disturbed on the original proposed route and just hope the final route is as good as possible, if you haven't heard the call of Stone Curlew in the dark, you've missed a treat when it comes to scary calls easily on a parr with Little Grebe.






No comments:

Post a Comment