Tuesday 12 March 2013

more learning

Not sure yet if my mind has stopped spinning from all the workshops and lectures last week, then I go another day of lectures last weekend. Still this was at Sutton Hoo near Woodbridge. As I have said before I went to an agricultural college near there a long long time ago and its a place that is special for me.


 It was good to see the site again this time without the overhead wires which have always marred the views of Mrs Pretty's house. First saw it over twenty years ago when you used to walk along a public footpath to get to the mounds. Can still remember seeing a group of students etc working on a mound all those years ago and cant help thinking what else we are going to learn about our Anglo Saxon ancestors that reafirms yet again that they were not the dark ages.


Came across this group of ladies and a lot of their friends having their breakfast as I wandered around the burial mounds, a light mizzly rain falling, skylarks a singing on high and a pair of oystercatchers telling me off as they flew away. 


Then during the lunch break another wander around the sutton hoo estate and a strange creature emerged from the rain soaked woodland, I had obviously disturbed its sleep as it lay on the ground thinking none of them people creatures will be here today cos its wet. Then blow me That Malcolm comes stompin along, cant a dragon get her sleep these days.

Another lovely day in suffolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment