Sunday 7 October 2012

lovely day for a walk or two

Lovely sunday with glorious autumn weather so went for a walk or two, well strolls some folk would say as neither was that long but I have been working too hard lately so thought take it easy today.

Had a bit of a stroll beside the River Cam in the morning Clayhithe way. Surprised by the number of people about but all friendly. Saw some nice wildlife as well such as these two.


Not a brilliant picture I know but I was even more surprised when another Roe Deer joined them. A mother and two young who calmly grazed just the other side of the river about 200 yards away.

On the way back to my car I heard a squeaking and thought cygnets, sure enough a male Mute Swan appeared closely followed by five cygnets, nothing special there you might say well two were what are called Polish cygnets, and I was transported back to Milton Country Park where for years we always had Polish cygnets from the only pair of swans we had on the site. The Polish ones are the white ones, the grey colour is switched off in there genes. They are not too common either so there I was wondering if they were descended from that pair all those years ago.


Then this afternoon it was onto the Coton Countryside Reserve where if you go to the top of the hil you get the best view over Cambridge from anywhere I think. The sun was shining and the Buzzards were squabbling overhead when I got there, 3 of them for a while. A lovely relaxing day.




No comments:

Post a Comment