Friday 3 February 2012

words and memories

Well its been a slow week workwise but plenty of time to think and come across memories and words.

Listening to the radio the other day and up comes the overture to the Theiving Magpie by Rossini. Many years ago and I mean many I worked in a family general engineering company as a machinist. I started there from secondary school and was one of many trainees, I say many because what we used to get up to was disastrous at times especially on a friday afternoon after a liquid lunch. Moving machinery and a group of lads full of ales, not a good mix. Anyway the shop foreman as such was almost as bad as we were and had this old reel to reel tape deck in the shop all open gathering oil and dust with the one tape, which was the full Rossini opera score. If he ever felt really fed up on it would go and off we would go.

While meandering about in my youth I came across a small tin in someones utility room that I have to share, its one for the childish, well blokes perhaps. Its the words that are used that get me, have a look and a read.


They were made by Boots as something for speakers with sore throats, now where me Meloids.

No comments:

Post a Comment