Monday 27 February 2012

of mice and men

Finally the proof was in my hands yes a wood mouse plucked alive if only just, plucked from under the nose of my cat. A new wildlife record for the house and its garden. The cat was wondering where it had gone mind but the mouse survived to tell the tale of getting played with by a cat and then this great big pink thing with five tentacles plucked it from under the cats nose.

And onto men, there I was at this media training day and I got talking to this chap, where do you live I said , Colne he said, blimey I says my Mum used to pick fruit there for so and so, oh yes he said whats you name so I tells him, he looks then says I knew a Busby years ago used to work for the chemist in Somersham he put our cat down he did it in the bath. My turn to look stunned. That was my grandad putting down dogs and cats was something he did to earn money for the chemist, he also charmed warts and repaired dentures and spectacles.


No comments:

Post a Comment