Friday 6 January 2012

words and what they say

I am often accused of taking the written too literally, whether in a paper or even on the side of a lorry.

But why not I ask, if its written its there to be read and interpreted, I am a storyteller after all, well at times anyway. I was looking at the local paper when out fell a sales booklet for a local DIY shop.

If you are still reading you might be wondering where I am going, well turning the pages I came across some elctrical power tools and suddenly stopped dead, no surely not, yes there it clearly says; ***** & ****** Mouse Sander + 15 accessories only £15.98.

Now hang on a minute this could be a cruellty case I says and who asked mice if they wanted to be sanded in the first place and if they said yes why? Then there are these 15 accessories I darnt think what they are, are they restraints to tie the poor little things down while sander happy  folk carve intricate designs in their fur. Is it something to do with no body hair and these folk darnt have a go at the dog or cat and think mice are fair game.

Needless to say all I got was a smile after I finished rambling on and moved on to the next power tool; A Scorpion Saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment