Saturday 7 August 2010

what have I got to feel sick about




I mean I might be feeling a bit uurrgghh at
the moment, bit cold like but no cold !
so could not work for a day, when little bro
is still cycling on and sounding and looking
as if he is doing well.









I had to cancel a couple of gardens because of feeling
sick so this morning I am going to fit one of them in
one of my nice ones to catch up, it will be the first bit
of a weekend I have worked since leaving the park
way back in March.

Anyway enough of me the pictures of little brother.
The first and second were taken by a Marie curie local
rep who met Robin at Kessock Bridge I think on the
A9 above or around Inverness. Thanks for the pictures Vonnie. The third I think is in the Cairngorms and
looks lovely.

Robin is in the Orkneys at the moment having a bit of a
rest up for the first time this week. So far all going more
or less to plan.





Back to the gardening work the rain these
last few days has been great and really needed,
to be honest I know we will not see the full
impact of this summer on trees in particular
for a couple of years then I fully expect to
see more thatn a few dying of because of
the stress this has put them under. Elsewhere
in gardens I think most perennials have
flowered earlier althopugh quite well again because of stress, they want to make sure they can set seed for the next generation in a tough year just in case they die.



I do worry about veggies though, unless you have been able to water and should we is the thing then seed germination in gardens has again been poorish. Carrots and Leeks have not done well in the soils Histon and Girton way which can be a bit heavy. The spuds have been a bit slow as well, driving past fields full of well grown spuds you have to wonder how much water has been put on and can we really afford to keep doing it. Will be interesting to see the price of English veggies this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment