Sunday 12 July 2015

Burwell fete at the mill and musicians and privies

Been to Stevens Mill and the museum itself in Burwell this afternoon, free entry today for the fete that was on including entry to the mill itself. Nice little rural museum with enthusiastic volunteers. Cup of tea and some cake and listening to some of the local folk musicians playing on despite the rain, Paul, Terri, Martin and Pat.

Lots of interesting pictures and artefacts and recordings of folk from Burwell as you go round. Its changed a bit since I went just last year.

A few words caught my eye and made me smile they were next to an old Privy.

I still have memories of the Privy that was at Owls End where Mums parents lived for more years than a few and it also recalled a story I was told not that long ago a real cracker about a privy where the door was left open but the seat wasn't down.

More memories that must be passed on and a story that needs telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment