Thursday 2 October 2014

aint that the truth

Just got home from telling ghostly stories to a group of folk from over the county boundary. After I had done scaring them and making them laugh I got to chatting to an elderly lady and it comes out that she grew up in the Newnham Cambridge area. I asks her a few questions about growing up in Cambridge as a young girl, she was 6 when it started and at Newnham Croft School.

She tells me about a bomb that was dropped and fell on Newnham and killed her teacher Miss Barton her mother and there dog. She then talks about not liking Cambridge much, she moved out to a vilalge when she married before moving further out later on where she likes the town and the whole area.

Its not the university itself she says about Cambridge, its the wannabees. And I sit here thinking I think I know what you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment