Tuesday 22 October 2013

I love telling stories to groups

Oh yes I do I love telling stories to groups of people who would perhaps never consider listening to them, always loved it when I was a ranger but even more now.

One of the reasons is because you never know what comments you are going to get at the end. usually I get at least one comment or story told to me, some I use to this day.

I told to a group in Peterborough last week and at the end two ladies came up to me.

 One told me the Hitchhiker story as she had been told it sixty odd years ago by her grandfather, how long has that story been doing the rounds?

The other lady told me the Two by the Gate but the boys were stealing Hazel Nuts instead of Apples, which is a new one for me. She also told me 30 years ago her grandfather an ex soldier called Frank Jeeves told stories for his beer in the pubs in and around Peterborough, Market Deeping, Grantham and Stamford. And some folk say nobody told stories in the recent past.



No comments:

Post a Comment