Friday 7 January 2011

family

Families, they are what Christmas is about. Been thinking about family a lot this one, mine is special to me and I hope yours is to you.

We lost Dad in mid 2009 but he is still with us in our memories, I still ask him about things and wonder what he would say about situations. I popped into see him on Boxing Day before going to meet up with my brothers there families and of course Mum.


Poor old Mum, four sons and what a bunch they are. But there is strength in family and I am grateful for that. I have helped out and been helped by my brothers and my parents all my life, long may it continue.

Thats not to say that friends are not important because we all know that in there own way good friends become almost like family.

I had a reminder today about another family I have, that of Rangers something I did for 20 years and which is a definate family where you can ask for help and it is given. Not just in this country though there are rangers around the world who manage and protect habitats and wildlife for us. Some of them lose there lives every year to protect wildlife over the past few years there have been a number killed protecting mountain gorillas in the DRC. What happens to them if they survive but cannot work, what happens to there families in a country where war is tearing it apart or so it seems. Is it important to protect wildlife, I would say yes it is another family albeit a large one to which we all belong and which needs our help.

Have a good day, think of your family where ever they are and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment