Thursday 29 July 2010

Such is life

So I dont know about anyone else but we could use some rain desperately, I am not on about short heavy storms, nice long gentle rain to soak in to the ground for hours on end.

If we dont get some soom I think the garden centres will be doing a good trade in the Autumn as folk try and replant whats died and that is a lot from what I have seen while working in folks gardens for a living.

Went to a day centre for the elderly earlier this week speaking to them about their recollections of Cambridge, very interesting information gathered and some interesting themes touched on. Cambridge Storytellers are aiming to put a performance together about what we get that we can use later in the year.

Been recording wildlife species again as I go round doing my gardens, good selection of bumblebees still going strong and then its interesting to see what common birds turn up, the reason being a lot of people dont bother to record those and record centres need information about the common birds as well as the more rare ones. Same goes for butterflies and amphibians of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment